Pro Rehab in Partnership with Cokato Charitable Trust
Pro Rehab and Cokato Charitable Trust are a team of dedicated health care professionals who believe that quality therapy goes far beyond technical assistance. Encouragement, support and friendship are necessary ingredients in the unique relationship between patient and therapist. Rehabilitation services available in Cokato are:
- In-Patient Rehabilitation for Short Term and Long-Term Clients
- Outpatient Therapy Service
- Home Health Therapy Services
Evaluates and treats individuals whose everyday physical activities have been disrupted by disease or injury. Physical therapists treat clients of all ages with several types of disabilities. These disabilities could result from back and neck pain, arthritis, bone fractures, degenerative diseases, neurological disease, cardiac disease, Injury or development disabilities. Neuromuscular/Musculoskeletal disease or injury can be treated with a variety of physical means.
Treatment techniques include:
- Modalities including heat and cold
- Ultrasound and electrical stimulation
- Manual hands-on therapy
- Therapeutic exercises
- Functional mobility training
- Gait/Ambulation training
- Balance training
Provides evaluation and treatment of deficits in ability to perform daily living skills such as feeding, dressing, bathing, cooking, or participating in leisure activities. Occupational Therapy promotes independence and safety, and minimizes the functional effects of disabilities.
Treatment goals include:
- Teaching clients how to use adaptive equipment and techniques
- Adapting the living environment to promote safety, mobility and functional independence
- Improving cognitive, visual and perceptual skills
- Increasing strength, endurance, range of motion and coordination of the upper body
- Recommending and fabricating Orthotics
- Wheelchair positioning
Evaluates and treats a wide range of speech and swallowing disorders. SLP’s help people develop effective communication skills.
Treatment Areas Include:
- Speech – articulation and strengthening of oral musculature
- Language – speaking, listening, reading and writing
- Cognitive-Communication (thinking and memory skills)
- Swallowing – compensating for or decreasing swallowing problems
- Voice- vocal quality/hygiene, laryngectomy or tracheostomy
- Augmentative alternative communication providing nonverbal communication
- Aural rehabilitation – compensation for hearing loss, adjusting to hearing aids
Therapy Business Hours
Monday-8:00a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday-7:00a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday-8:00a.m. to 5:00p.m.
Thursday – 7:00 a.m. to 5:00p.m.
Friday-8:00a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Saturday- By appointment only